Guided access is an feature that lets you lock the iPhone on a single app. For as long as guided access is enabled, only that one specific app can be used, and there’s no way to exit it for the Home screen or any other app. This helps prevent kids from clicking banners to buy deluxe versions of apps, answering calls or texts, or liking photos from people you barely know on Facebook.
How to Set Up Guided Access
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone
- Go to General.
- Go to Accessibility.
- Go to Guided Access under the Learning section.
- Turn Guided Access On.
- Go to Set Passcode and choose a passcode (mine is my lock screen password).
- Turn Accessibility Shortcut to On which will allow you to triple-click the Home button whenever you want to turn on Guided Access.
How to Use Guided Access
- Launch the app you want to use
- Triple click the Home button to launch Guided Access
- Circle any areas of the screen you want to restrict access to, or skip this if you don’t need to restrict any areas
- Click Start at the top of the screen to begin Guided Access
- To Exit Guided Access triple click the Home button and enter your passcode